Don't Rush into Cutting
| Stripe Bell Sleeve Blouse Make Number 3 |
This is just one of those things you don't want to blog about or share. Im really not the most pleased with this shirt for many reasons.
- Its probably the worst thing I have made in many years
- It could have been so great because the design is there
- I rushed into cutting and thats the one thing I have learned in all my experience NOT TO DO
Starting out with this journey to a self made, slow fashion wardrobe I wanted to start by focusing on easy makes. By that I mean simple pattern cutting- just cutting shapes and stitching. Thats why I started this in a new year because its much easier to make summer clothes like this.
With this top tho I got a bit ambitious, Ive been making for over five years now and I do a degree in costume, so I would say that I am quite an advanced seamstress and in no ways am I new to sewing. Thats why I dived into this. I blame it being terrible on a number of factors-
- Dont do sleeves without a pattern - just dont its a terrible idea
- I didnt work on the fit
- I got bored with it and just stitched it up with no finished edges- why WHY would anyone ever do that
So yea I have wore this quite a lot because it really is a cute top for everyday spring wear. But it is never going to last and the fit is just not that great. Anyway heres some more pics- and please do not judge me forever on this terrible top!
Comments
Post a Comment