DIY Cold Shoulder Ruffle Top
Make Number 1 |
This weekend I am going to an engagement and wanted to make a nice outfit to wear. What better way to start my new years res of making two things a month than to make something for a huge event 😂
At least it gives me a deadline and forces me to actually finish making a garment!
My aim was to make something really simple but still 'on trend'. But something I can still keep forever as this is the aim of my sewing projects👍
My Pattern Inspiration
In this screen grab of my pintrest board (which you can browse here) you can see the overall look i was going for. My friend actually has the ASOS top from the third pin in and it looks amazing on her, plus I knew it would be suppppper easy to make considering it is literally to rectangles sewn together! So thats just what Ive went for!

Making
I don't have an overlocker so I zig-zaged the edges and then hemed them all by turning them in once. (PS: I had the charts on I swear I didn't have that Katy Perry song on for long😂)
On to the gathers! I was originally planning on placing the gathers along the top, but I don't think it would be the most flattering on me. So i moved it to under the arm. I also really wanted the top edge of my frill to be on show because It just looks so nice and Boho but in this fabric its looked pretty crappy so I hid the seam, stitching the gather to the front rectangle with a normal seam.
This is it pretty much done now, yay! Im just going to put a horizontal strap along the back to make it sit in place nicer. I will be posting better photos of it this week when I can get Kurt to take some lol.
Just need to decide what skirt to put with it now!









Comments
Post a Comment