Linen Wrap Skirt
| Make Number 2 |
The fabric I used is this beautiful linen I found in the off cut bit in Abakhans in Manchester. I love that section because you can get fabric at such a decent price.
Pattern Inspiration
I changed how I sewed up at the panels though! Inspired by the reformation dress above, I wanted to leave the sides open, just looks a bit younger and more girly i think! I also made my ties more like that.
Making
The ties are two bagged out shapes, long enough to go around the waist and then be tied. Now normally you make the one that goes around the waist longer BUT I made mine both the same length because I wanted to have the option to tie them both around. I like this cause then I can wear it two ways. To make it wrap you have to leave an opening in the seam of the opposite side side to the tie to pull it through and around the back.
Anyway, Im so happy with how this turned out. It is the easiest thing ever to make! Beginners should definitely give it a go, such a good example of how sewing is literally just cuttting shapes and sewing it to fit your body.
Just need it to warm up now plzzzz, spring/summer where r u attttt 🙏🌞


Comments
Post a Comment